Repairs, Returns & Care Tips
From ripped knees to blown crotches, tricky zippers and pesky pockets - if we made it, we will fix it - free of charge. We believe in the philosophy of fixing something over replacing it, and that natural fibers age beautifully over time. Just as these natural fibers age over time, they also break down over time.
We are committed to the products that we make and enjoy servicing them years after they were first produced. That being said, there comes a point in every pair of jeans' existence when the fabric has been worn so thin that any attempts to repair will only create more holes. At this point, HARDENCO offers a trade in program for your old jeans.
The HARDENCO workshop serves as a repair center for all types of products - whether we have made it or not. If you have a pair of jeans, a jacket, a bag or a favorite piece of gear that needs some TLC, we can help. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
If you have something you need to send in for repairs, please take the following steps:
- Please wash the item. To protect the health and safety of our small company, we cannot accept any returns that have not first been washed. Please do not send us unwashed garments.
- Send the item along with a return shipping label (USPS or UPS), or the cost of return shipping enclosed to:
REPAIRS C/O HARDENCO 37 Greenwoods Road, New Hartford, CT 06057
Please include a phone number, email and a brief note describing the work you are looking to have done. We'll send an email if we have any questions.
Want to save on return repair shipping? Let us know you'd like to combine your repaired item(s) with a new order placed online and we'll gladly accommodate.
NOTE: DUE TO THE LIMITED NATURE OF OUR STOCK, EXCHANGES ARE LIMITED TO WHAT IS IN STOCK OR STORE CREDIT.
PLEASE CONTACT THE SHOP BEFORE RETURNING TO RECEIVE A RETURN CONFIRMATION NUMBER.
We understand that purchasing garments online can pose some uncertainty. We will try our best to give you the most information regarding the fit and sizing of each product. In the event that something does not fit, products may be returned for an exchange so long as it is unworn, unwashed and unaltered. Please use the address above for return shipments.
Some helpful tips & tricks on continued care of your jeans:
- Washing reduces grit buildup, which breaks down fabric.
- Rolling or changing cuff location minimizes fabric abrasion.
- Detergent is a surfactant, soap is not: use detergent (such as Sal’s Suds).
- Turning your jeans inside out and washing in cold water minimizes fading. Some customers add salt and vinegar to preserve the color).
- Soaking in hot water reduces grease.
- Handwashing, though often a setting on a washing machine, is not the same as washing by hand. After soaking, scrub the garment thoroughly, using its own fabric as a scrubbing tool.
- Washing in cold water (for garments that are not extremely dirty) minimizes shrinkage.
- If dealing with a lot of dirt, massage the garment thoroughly with detergent before putting in hot water for a long, preferably overnight soak.